Thursday, September 20, 2007

Engeln Shawl A (the 2nd) is Blocking


It took twelve days to knit this time (I slacked off a bit). This version is much larger (as I had hoped) - the yardstick in the photo is about six inches from the bottom edge (the length down the back is about 42").

This shawl was made with Lisa Souza's "Kid", which is 90% Kid Mohair with 10% Nylon, in the colourway Mahogany. The original skein was 1000 yards in eight ounces, and I have two ounces left over (roughly 250 yards). That is plenty to make a lovely scarf, or a wimple.

Hopefully tomorrow will bring sunshine so that I can do a decent photo shoot - the depth of colour in the mohair is incredible - golds, olives, russets and ebony, all wrapped in the rich background of mahogany brown. Delicious!

6 comments:

fleegle said...

Nuts. I drooled coffee all over the keyboard when I saw your shawl.

It is truly stunning. What size needle did you use? I have some Lisa Mohair here in Mother of Pearl that would work, I think, although I do like the dark color.

Deby said...

I really enjoyed your blog and all your wonderful works. The shawl is just gorgeous and your quilts are too!

missalicefaye said...

oh, how lovely! The dark color shows off the lace fabulously...

stringplay said...

Wow! This is terrific!

Birgitte said...

Goodness that is sooo gorgerous! Can I ask where you got the pattern?

Deb said...

What a gorgeous shawl! Where did you get the pattern? I love to knit lace and this looks like a very interesting pattern to knit.