Thursday, August 04, 2005

Not just another Mrs. Mel Stalker

Nope, not me. I'm a Mrs. Mel copier! Okay, fine, I wasn't going to join the Bohemian Knit ring, but then I went to the creator's site. She does what I do! So, what the hell, I may as well.

And also - because I've done nothing but knit the past month - no quilting at all. Not that I'm quitting quilting (tee hee - quitting quilting) - nope. I love quilting. However, quilting is apparently my fall/winter/spring project, while knitting is a summer thing. Why? Because I can easily haul a knitting project out onto the balcony. I can pack a sock knitting project in my purse. I can throw a lace knitting project in the car for long trips. Etc. Quilting? Not so portable, my friends. And what's summer if not all about the traveling? I hate leaving my house, but all I've freakin' well done this summer is travel.

So, this blog will now include mucho about knitting, as well as quilting. Thus, expect more blabbiness from me - I've been avoiding the blog lately because all I have to show is knit, knit, knit. Oy.

Pictures to come. Soon. Probably in a couple of hours. Sheesh.

Oh, and one obscure reference. I like to use the term "freakin'" in my writing. Spellcheck wants to change it to "foreskin". Gotta admit I'm thinking about it.

2 comments:

Deb R said...

Doesn't bloggers spellcheck come up with the WEIRDEST suggestions for supposedly-misspelled words?? It's almost mind-blowing how bad it really is.

Your birthday yarn is gorgeous!! When is/was your birthday? Is it today? Should I be singing, or wearing a funny hat, or baking a cake, or something?

Anonymous said...

We're ready - SHOW US (more of ) YA KNITS!